Saturday, August 11, 2012

Chautauqua week 3

 Final Graduation of the Chautauqua Literary and Scientific Circle reading program....that's 110 books.



 These men lead the parade and are the keepers of the gate.






 Dawn graduated at the beginning  level....and must wear white for the ceremony.

 Don't we look happy....Dawn for starting and me for finishing the reading program.


 I arranged a luncheon at the Athenaeum Hotel for a few friends that also graduated final level..... we have been reading together for years. We let the new grad join us too.

 Dawn and I at a reception at the CLSC Alumni Hall. I am wearing my class tee shirt...again Dawn was required to wear white.



Speaking of  white......

For years I've heard about the rare white squirrel of Chautauqua. This week I finally got to see him/her for myself. These are the best of about 20 photos...I was so excited many of the photos are blurry but you get the idea.





And finally ...huge chocolate chip cookies by the lake as a final treat to end the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment